Learn how to design, install and maintain solar domestic hot water and solar space heating systems for Vermont’s climate!
THESE WORKSHOPS ARE INTENDED FOR:
- BUILDERS who want to expand their business and generate more income by offering clients solar hot water services. This two day workshop also leads to Solar Thermal Partnership which is a requirement to access state incentives;
- PLUMBING AND HEATING CONTRACTORS who want to learn the specifics of solar installations for domestic hot water and heating systems;
- ANYONE INTERESTED in expanding their knowledge of a sophisticated renewable technology.
- SHW the hottest growing green industry in an exploding green marketplace.
- SHW is easily incorporated into building plans and installed on existing homes.
- SHW is the least expensive renewable energy system.
- SHW has the #1 Return on the Investment (ROI) for the homeowner.
- SHW makes economic sense.
- Learn how to design, install and maintain solar thermal domestic hot water and space heating systems for Vermont’s climate!
- Achieve up to 16 hours of REV approved training credits towards gaining Solar Partnership.
- Start connecting to federal and state incentives that offer up to 60% off the total installation cost of these systems.
- Create contacts and network with suppliers, like minded builders and plumbers.
- Gain firsthand knowledge from presenter Michael Horowitz who brings 25 years of expert experience to these comprehensive workshops.
- Introduction to solar domestic hot water (DSHW) and solar space heating systems appropriate for Vermont’s climate.
- Domestic solar hot water component details.
- Siting, sizing and design of DSHW.
- Installation & maintenance for DSHW.
- Economic payback overview & marketing strategies for solar hot water.
- Overview of federal & state incentives and the Renewable Energy Vermont Solar Partnership application.
- Solar space heating design details including passive solar and active solar sources.
- Advanced system components for DSHW and solar space heating systems.
- Troubleshooting for all solar systems and common component maintenance concerns.
- Introduction to solar mathematics for siting and sizing systems.
- Solar hot water marketing and economic paybacks and incentives.
|SHW Day 1||March 20, 2010
|Burlington, VT||Vermont Energy Investment Corp.|
|SHW Day 2||April 3, 2010 (Saturday)||Montpelier, VT||Central Vermont Chamber of Commerce|
|SHW Day 1||May 15, 2010 (Saturday)||Brattleboro, VT||BuildingGreen|
|SHW Day 2||June 24, 2010 (Thursday)||White River Junction, VT||GroSolar|
|SHW Day 1||July 7, 2010 (Wednesday)||Montpelier, VT||Central Vermont Chamber of Commerce|
|SHW Day 2||August 5, 2010 (Thursday)||Burlington, VT||Vermont Energy Investment Corp.|
|SHW Day 1||September 18, 2010 (Saturday)||Manchester, VT||
|SHW Day 2||October 21, 2010 (Thursday)||Middlebury, VT||tdb|
This course is recognized by REV. Licensed plumbers who attend a 8hr workshop will be eligible to apply for “REV Solar Thermal Provisional partnership”. Full Solar Partnership is awarded to Provisional Partners who complete a dw systems with REV oversight. Non-licensed plumbing professionals attending both workshops will receive 16 hours of credit towards eligibility. Solar Thermal Partnership is required to access Vermont renewable energy incentives. For more information click here.
As for additional training, here are some links:
For more answers please feel free to contact:
Renewable Energy Vermont
PO Box 1036
Montpelier, VT 05601-1036
$285 One Day Workshop (Day One or Day Two)
$450 Two Day Workshop Series
$45 BSR & NESEA Member Discount
$40 Early Registration Discount (Two Weeks prior to workshop date)
$Plumber Discounts: Contact BSR for more information. 802.825.5957 or